We inform 6th year students that as part of extracurricular "Professional practice", they are required to complete 500 teaching hours according to the published schedule/timetable for the summer semester in the course of academic year 2023/2024.
Professional practice is carried out in polyvalent dental medicine offices from all over Croatia. You can choose the mentor/primary dental care practice where you will perform activities related to professional practice.
The conditions to be met are as follows:
The mentor must have at least 5 years of work experience in primary health care
· Dental office can be private, leased or within the health center
· The mentor may only have one student at a time.
Dental practices in which professional practice cannot be performed are as follows:
· Dental offices that are owned, managed or where a person who is a member of the immediate family of a student who is going to perform his/her professional practice. The aforementioned person also works in such a practice.
· Dental offices that are owned or managed by a person who is a teacher or associate at the School of Dental Medicine of the University of Zagreb. The aforementioned person also works in such a dental office.
· Dental offices that are owned, managed or where a person whose immediate family member is a teacher or associate at the School of Dental Medicine of the University of Zagreb. The aforementioned person also works in such a dental office.
Non-faculty mentors of students who are going to perform their professional practice cannot be:
· Persons who are members of the student's immediate family on professional practice,
· Persons who are teachers or associates at the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Zagreb,
· Persons whose immediate family members are teachers or associates at the School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb.
Students need to send a scan of the completed and certified Application Form to Ms. Petra Lazić by e-mail: email@example.com by December 1, 2023. Please find the attached Mentor application form.
Students who do not choose a mentor/office themselves will have to choose a mentor/dental office from December 4, 2023 according to the list of mentors/offices that will be published on the school’s website.
Students are kindly asked to submit a scan of the completed and certified Application Form to Mr. Petri Lazić to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2024.
All 6th year students must have a chosen mentor/office and a signed form by January 8, 2024.
For additional clarifications, contact Ms. Petri Lazić at email@example.com